BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a weekend...

I'm glad I decided to actually take the weekend in NYC/Long Island, even though I was so close to canceling it a couple of days before I had left. I met so many awesome people and got to see other awesome people that I haven't seen since November, including my family.

So Friday, I get up and leave by 10 45 am, which is the earliest that I have left to get to the other side of the state; I did this so that I wouldn't get stuck in traffic, but ended up being stuck in standstill traffic just 23 miles outside of my grandparents' house. Because of this, I almost didn't make the Met's game. My grandparents decided to order me a private car so that I could still make the game; I was going to catch a train, but there was no way that I could have made it in time.

I made it to the game and spent part of it with my aunt, part of it with Katie, Lauren, and Christine, and the other part with Steph, Stef, Corey, Tara, and Brit. It was so much fun to see everyone and kind of reignited my excitement for the weekend.


This was the "Hey, we're taking a bad picture"...it was also the third attempt haha, but that is myself, Katie, Lauren, and Christine at the Mets game.

It was actually my first baseball game in oh..two years...I missed last year because I was abroad, and then was not able to go over the summer because I was in Dallas, and the Astros (yes, and Mets) are my teams. It was a great game, the Mets won, and I got to hang out with some awesome people.


The next day I finally got to see my cousins...Zak is like my older brother, and the last time that I went to visit, I totally failed at seeing him, so this time, I made sure to get over there. I got to hang out with him, his mom, stepdad, and his brother. I also got legitimately dogpiled by their 3 dogs, but that's what I get for sitting on the ground with their dogs around. They love me that much.

After that, I drove into the city to meet my friends before the concert. I helped them promote Just Kait and her band (which I will also be doing at the Clifton Park show). It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone, but I wish that I had more time to spend with both groups of my friends that I was with, or that we could have had more time to spend all together.

I had gotten meet and greet from fan club, so I waited in line first with Christine and Katie, where we took a major fail picture, and I became BFF with a teenie..like legit shaking, nervous, braces wearing, tiny little teenie...she was cute, but she had to literally be 14 years old. Then they switched up the lines, and since I only had meet n greet, I hung out with Steph and creeped pictures of Ned's ass while watching them hand out sound check wrist bands. Once our meet and greet was up, Stef, Steph, and I chilled in line with Octavia, Nicole, and Josh. When we finally got in, we decided to grab our merch while we were waiting. I talked to some girl about her Nick J dog tags because I had just watched Stand By Me and decided that I wanted to wear some cool dog tags like Corey Feldman's character wore in the movie. Saw Ashley and probably creeped her out-my mouth sometimes blurts things out before I have a chance to monitor them for appropriateness, or creepageness. Woops. Steph, Stef, and I decided to take our meet n greet picture together and then basically took the half an hour of waiting in line to decide to smile, though the line waiting was broken up by some mini dance parties, talking to Brandon (Ashlyne's guitarist), and getting a pick from him. So we finally get up to the area and Jason does recognize me, but dumb me goes straight up to him. A) I feel bad because I love all the other guys too, they're really awesome. B) way to be stupid and obvious, Ashley. Really. So of course, me, being a complete tool bag (after getting my hug haha) says "I'm graduating in 3 weeks" To which Jason answers "Congratulations, that's awesome" which was sweet. So we get ready to take our picture, apparently Stef ended up telling Alex to do the hand heart, and then Free Style Steve (Timbaland's DJ) came out behind our picture and ended up being in it, making Mike look super creepy. The picture is really cute though, I'm loving it! After that, I said that my friend told me that he spoke Hebrew, so he goes "I know a little bit..Baruch Atah Adonai Eloheinu...." So afterwards, the three of us go to the bathroom and I'm like guys, Jason just prayed at me.



So recap of the actual concert would be found at Go Get Smashed, but here is a little more. So we get in and there's a chance to win VIP tickets. You give the Nokia people your email adress (or in our case, because we were REALLY determined, every single email address you've ever had, your mom's, dad's, sister's, and all the way back to your N*SYNC and Hanson email addresses, as well as your fan website addresses). They put your email address in and then it randomly generates if you win or not. We FINALLY, after going through every single one of Christine's JC loving email addresses, won with her work email address. So VIP was great because it got us out of the crowd and up on the balcony. The only part that sucked was that we couldn't see Alex at all until he came to the front of the stage during the acoustic medley. Jason's parents and sister, and Mike's parents were up on our balcony. I didn't know this when I yelled "Get a vibrator and shut the fuck up" at the teenies below us who kept yelling "I LOVE YOU" to Brandon...probably a bad idea. woops. The show was great, I really loved that Jason got to sing like legit chunks of songs, but the only problem is that I kind of collapsed when he started singing alone; thank goodness Christine caught me. Other than that...episode haha, Christine and I had epic dance parties and thoroughly enjoyed being on top. She also tried to box me, in...but she couldn't.

All of us in VIP after the show, with Christine making a cameo as Jason

Lauren and I, or the Jew Crew

After the show, I went to hang out with Stef, Steph, Tara, and Corey. We chilled on the ground and experienced the most aweful teenieness ever. It was complete with California hate (seriously, love the Cali..wtf,), and them being just...so obnoxious, like I hope that they never ever meet alcohol...and it was clear which one was the Karen (if you like Dane Cook, you know what a Karen is). The security guy there asked me if I stole the license plate that I was holding, so I had to explain the whole story to him about what had happened last Monday. We talked to Brandon again, and I also got to talk to Eric (Just Kait's drummer), which was funny in circumstance...I tweeted him saying "I want to come over, but I'm allergic to teenies" so he gets the tweet and starts looking around-Tara, Steph, and I are cracking up. Then I tweeted to him where I was and eventually went over to him to say hi. He loves my friend Cara-so awesome!

Steph and I chilling on the floor



So we finally get in line and the creepy gypsy lady who is ridiculously, creepilym, legitimately, grossly obsessed in love with Jason is right in front of us. Anyway, so we get up to the meet and greet tables and I put the license plate in front of Andy and he's like..what? I've never signed a license plate before. I go "Oh, there's a story" and tell him (and yes i repeat this to everyone down the line, including Kait and Ashlyne because they all would hear part of it and then be like whaaat?) So they're all like oh my gosh, that really sucks, that's awful...and yeah, it was, and it did suck, my poor car haha. So I get to Jason and he goes "Smashley!" and I'm like hey! which is just funny..Jason definitely creeps though haha. So then I tell him about how Passion Pit's Sleepyhead shuffled on my iPod 3 times during my drive from Cuse to NYC and that he should play it for his synth playlist (whiiich he didn't), and he was like oh yeah and then started singing Sleepyhead randomly. Then, he informs me that they are playing with Passion Pit the next day at the Earth Day thing in DC (which I knew). I also know that Passion Pit is one of Jason's favorite bands; a boner band if you will, so I almost responded "yeah, i know, when i heard, I was like Jason must have popped a boner and jizzed himself when he found that out" when I say almost responded, I mean like I caught myself just in time and said "yeah, when i heard that, I was like man Jason is probably so excited for that". Thank goodness! Then we talked to Ashlyne and Kait and then had to leave since we had reached the end of the line.



I drove back to my grandparents' house and really wanted pudding, but they only had this mousse pudding, which sucks..sorry Jello, stick with the sugar free chocolate pudding, get rid of the mousse, thanks.

The next morning, Justin (Zak's brother) brought over his daughter, Liya, to hang out for a bit before I went back into the city. Our cousin, Andi came over too and we had a nice little brunch, catch up session. Liya is so adorable; I'm so glad that I got to see everyone, I miss them a lot, even though we are second cousins and whatever, they're awesome.

We take awful pictures, it sucks





So after that I headed back into the city to pick up Steph and Tara so we could go see the Forever the Sickest Kids acoustic show in Union Square...which we failed miserably at-there was so much traffic coming from my grandparents' house that we got there too late. We ended up going and getting a pizza and chilling and talking for a while. I had so much fun hanging out with them, and it really sucked to have to leave so soon. I'm so glad that I got to meet them and see everyone over the weekend and I hope that something just as awesome will come up soon so we can all be together again.

0 thoughts: