BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, April 17, 2010

one month away, holy shit

this will get repetitive, I'm sorry...but holy shit, i cannot believe that I am graduating in well..less than a month now. A month from today, dad and I will be driving all the way from Syracuse back to Houston. 26 hours of..probably a lot of Bruce Springsteen haha.

Random fact..5? I think? I am huge on reflecting over things. Usually I do it privately, or I write it out on something, I try to use this to learn more about myself and to improve and grow. While at the gym yesterday, I thought a lot about the past four years of my life, college and self growth and changes, and I decided that I wanted to write a memoir (I guess) of sorts about the past four years. I don't really expect anyone to read it, but there is a lot that I want to write down, and I think it could be kind of interesting.

I decided that I wanted to extend my run. I don't really have a goal, but I know that I don't want to just run one mile. Maybe a 5k would be a great goal to work up to being able to run, or maybe 5 miles, all I know is that it won't happen if I only run one mile each time I go running. I went for my Friday work out (if its raining too much to work out, it would be raining too much to go out, soo I was definitely going to the gym), and decided that I would at .25 to my mile run. Once I got halfway through that lap, I was feeling good and decided to do another lap and push my run to a mile and a half. I felt so awesome after that and am definitely going to keep it up. It will take me a few weeks to get used to that, before I can up it even more, but I'm really proud of myself for not giving up and copping out when I felt a little tired.

I definitely feel stronger and just...this stuff makes me feel really good about myself; knowing that I can do these things, and when I try, I can go even harder and push myself more. It definitely makes me more motivated to keep going on those days when I'm feeling less than willing to eat right or work out.

Went out last night for "Ritapalooza" or day 2 of Caitlin's roommate's birthday. Other than Caitlin and Bari, I didn't know anyone there. When I got to the bar, I saw some other friends of mine that I hadn't seen for a while, so I got to catch up with them, which was so fun...love them! Then I got to meet Caitlin's friends and ended up staying at the bar with them after Caitlin and Bari left. I'm so excited to party with them again tonight for night 3 of Ritapalooza.

Another thing that makes me feel good about myself-I used to be SO shy and things like that would have made me so nervous and I would have left when my friends did, but since I started talking to the other girls, I didn't want to. This is a huge step from where I used to be and I really like it.

0 thoughts: