BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Starting a new challenge

My friend Bobbie introduced me to BuddySlim... it's a website where you can join weight loss challenges and help track your success and get tips and help along the way. She posts up different challenges every month and invites people to join in on them. I love the idea of having friends and support for weight loss and this is the first time I've joined one of Bobbie's challenges. I'm really excited to do it and I hope that anyone else who is interested will do it too. Anyway, the challenge for the month of April is to kick fast food for the month. I really hope that yall will come join us! Here is April's Challenge Forum

I've been having a lot of weight loss trouble since I got back to school in August. Over the summer, I lost 12 pounds...This was because I had my own kitchen, cooked my own healthy food and was able to really know what I was eating. Now I live at a sorority house with a chef who likes butter and oil and white rice and pasta...not so conducive to weight loss. I don't really have enough money right now to fund my whole diet plan, so I kind of just go on portion control and drink a lot of water. I have only lost 2 lbs since last August..which is bad, but ask anyone who lives or has lived in this house...it's pretty decent if you're not anorexic or doing coke. I do weight watchers which has definitely helped keep me in line and now I am adding buddy slim so I can be sure to mix things up and keep myself from plateauing. Weight loss is so fucking frustrating..I need to lose 25 lbs (doctor's orders), I have high cholesterol, and may be in danger of being diabetic thanks to my family's medical history. To be honest, this stuff scares the crap out of me, and I will do anything (in the range of healthy and not dangerous) to keep myself from falling into these traps.

I try to motivate myself..that's one of the reasons I started Becoming The You...between weight loss, school, moving out, working, growing up, things start feeling hopeless, and all motivation disappears...I started that blog so that we could all share things that could help with this. It's definitely helped me a lot and I've gotten a lot of ideas from it, but honestly I hope it will start catching on more. I know that my friends and others have a lot to add, and I can't wait to read and learn more.

0 thoughts: