2/25/09
Day 46-Florence
So today was an interesting on. For Italian, we visit a Metal Artisan’s shop. It was pretty neat actually; he makes boxes, card holders, money clips, and so many other things. He works with a lot of stores in the US as well such as Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman. He engraved euros for all of us with the Florentine symbol on it. My friend is going to take it to her friend so that she can drill holes in our to make the presses into bracelets. I’m really excited for that; it will keep me from getting anymore piercings or tattoos while I’m out of the country. I do like jewelry a lot better anyway.
After the visit, I rushed back to school so that I could print out my witchcraft paper. We also had our presentation today. We ended up speaking for most of the class time, but I think he liked the points that we had made. It really is an interesting topic, but not when you’re working on a paper of the same topic for six hours straight…not fun, but totally my fault anyway. It was on the images of witchcraft…and it was pretty…risqué to say the least
So then I had to stay at school until 7:45; Bari actually did too, because our professors made a guest speaker mandatory for our classes. The lecture was on the relationship between the European economy and the Chinese economy. I perfected sleeping upright in a chair during this. Really, economics, I understand what I need to know, but other than that, I don’t really want to know anything else. I read articles, I understand what’s going on, but what a bore! I seriously don’t understand why anything more than macro and micro economics is required for a business degree. I’m not an econ major so I don’t see why I need anymore.
So tomorrow, I have an Italian quiz, SOM class, and then in the last 40 or so minutes of SOM..oh ps, SOM is global management…anyway, the last 40 minutes, we have our final.. It’s 7 or 8 questions and we have about 10 lines to write the answers…so its one of those concise essay tests or whatever that is, which is fine, except that most of us feel like we’ve only learned about Viagra in his class…sooo whatever. I made my own review and I think I’m fine; I’ll have a few hours between Italian and SOM to go over it, so I should be fine. We aren’t going out of town this weekend as next week is midterms. I’ve got Econ on Monday, nothing on Tuesday (I don’t think at least), oral Italian and witchcraft on Wednesday, and written Italian on Thursday.
It is so hard to believe that Spring break is basically a week away. This half of the semester has flown by so fast, and although I don’t want it to, the second half will do the same. I’ve had such an amazing time so far, and have met some awesome people, both from and not from Syracuse. Anyway, I was finally able to book my flight to London
So in other news, I’m officially missing a flip flop. I wear my rainbows around the house when I’m not wearing shoes, and one is gone. I’ve looked everywhere for it! Under the beds, the tables, under the closet thingy; it’s not here! The only other answer: the cat jacked it. Really, I want my flip flop back!
Another thing about Italy: and I love this. There are always older ladies in these long, beautiful fur coats, and heeled shoes, riding bicycles. I don’t know how they do it. First of all, do they sweat? Second of all, fur coats on a bicycle? If I could even ride a bicycle, my fur coat probably would get caught in it or something. It’s kind of ridiculous but really amusing to see. It’s definitely something you would never ever see in the United States.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
day 46
Posted by *ashley* at 3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment