2/22/09
Day 40-43-Venice
We got up early on Friday and took a bus that obviously decided it did not want to be on schedule to the train station. We arrived in Venice around 11 am and went straight to our hotel. It was so crowded in Venice though. It was Carnivale in Venice this weekend (okay well it lasts basically the whole month) so there were SO many people there. After we checked in and dropped our bags off, we explored the city. We walked from our hotel to the Ponte Rialto (Rialto Bridge) and to Piazza San Marco. In celebration of Carnivale, people will walk around with eccentric masks and elaborate costumes all day. There is also face painting, confetti everywhere, and just all around a lot of fun and amusing things going on all at once. Piazza San Marco is where a lot of this takes place. We sat down for lunch overlooking the water and relaxed a bit, just enjoying the gorgeous weather and the city. I have a feeling that Venice is an ideal city to visit from now until about April, any time during the summer, it gets too hot and disgusting.
We went out to dinner and then to a bar last night. They were playing some fun old American music, which we liked, but the place was not as lively as we would have liked it to be
On Saturday, we went to get our faces painted in celebration of Carnivale. I haven’t had my face painted in years, and I have to say, I miss it a lot. I love that kind of stuff. We then walked over towards where we were on Friday, stopping in shops and looking at everything that we could fine. We found some other piazzas as well and a lot of cool things. Dinner was great, and then we decided to go to a club. We had such a great time dancing and hanging out together! We were so tired this morning that we did not really do much. We took a train into Padua, but there really was nothing there. Padua basically sucks. Don’t go there. We returned to Florence and got back around 7:30 where again we waited for a rude bus that decided not to be in schedule. I almost did not fit into the bus because there were so many people in it and then got squished with Bari and the door again.
I absolutely loved Venice though. Such an amazing city! I also like that there were no crazy drivers there trying to run everyone off the road so that they can disobey their traffic laws and not get caught. It was such a peaceful city. The only means of transportation is basically by waterbus or watertaxi, or on foot. It was so gorgeous. We really lucked out with the weather considering the crappy weather that we’ve been having with all the rain lately.
Oh and randomly, I get an email from my economics professor that my presentation is now going to be pushed back until after spring break…awesome. So this week, I have a paper due Wednesday for witchcraft, a presentation in that same class, and my global management midterm on Thursday. Wonderful, aka I will be SO happy when all that is done. The week after is all midterms and then spring break. Time flies by so fast and at the moment, I just don’t want to talk about it. I’ve been having the most wonderful time and all that plays through my head when I think about that we’re almost half way over is “Hasta lavista, how am I gunna say goodbye to you” and the rest of that song…and also, Time of your Life, as cheesy as that is.
I have a phone interview tomorrow for my possible summer internship. That’s all I’m going to say right now; I don’t want to jinx it, and I am very very nervous.
alli, check the 2nd email for the stuff i was gunna tell you
Sunday, February 22, 2009
40-43
Posted by *ashley* at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment