BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, March 19, 2009

day...68? that might be wrong

3/19/09
Day 66-68-Florence

Things that I have learned in the past 3 days:
I cannot read a map. Period, end of that story. I can get lost while using two maps and trying to find one place. Never ever give me a map. If you’re going to give me directions, I want turn left turn right, or a GPS. That is it; maps are a big no no unless you want to end up somewhere completely wrong, making a trip three times as long as it needed to be.

Some places in Houston make better Italian food than some places in Italy. The place that we went to for dinner last night had craptastical service and the food was nothing short of what I could get from Carrabbas. So it wasn’t horrible at all, but it just wasn’t…right.I don’t know.

I had the most amazing gelato in Piazza Carmine. Why did I not find this place before? So you’re not supposed to have fluffy gelato..that means its closer to ice cream than gelato (yes, they are different things) and this gelato was just simply amazing. So good, and I want to go back soon.

It is possible to not know that your class is canceled two days in a row because school is disorganized and cannot send out a simple email. I haven’t had my Italian class at all this week. Our professor has been sick, which is really unfortunate. Monday and Tuesday, it was legitimately cancelled; Wednesday, we watched a movie with another Italian class for our LAC part of it, and today we joined another class and learned something that we learned two weeks before the final.

I almost busted my face open today getting off of the bus. My back foot slipped and the curb almost met my nose. I was more concerned about the laptop in my bag, then my own face.

Dad and Melanie came to visit me, and I got to hang out with them on Tuesday and Wednesday. Minus my getting us horrifically lost in a familiar area, I think they had a good time. We walked around a lot of Florence so that they could take in the city and see how it was. I really hope that they had a good time, though I’m a pretty crappy tour guide, not gunna lie. Thanks to them and everyone who helped put together the stuff I requested…I so so appreciate it!

Got my final back from my SOM professor…B-…very happy. I started outlining what courses I need to take next semester and next year; I just hope I get a good Monday start time because I am definitely going to that concert no matter how early my first class on Monday is. JB HS TORONTO I AM SO THERE!

Obviously nothing’s really been going on lately; though I do have a second interview for ABSG in Dallas. I’m not sure how or when, but I got an email today about that. I’ve got a few other things that I’m considering as well if that doesn’t pull through, so we’ll see. The only other thing that I’m trying to come to terms with is how short my hair is going to be once I cut it. I’m donating it again, and May 6 is the day. Hopefully my hair will grow another inch or two before that day comes; you never know!

0 thoughts: