BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, October 23, 2011

19. Please don't tell me to "watch my quantities" on what I eat...I am sick of people telling me that I'm getting fat...I AM AWARE

So I was home last weekend for a family event...and it's Sunday, we had just had brunch, my grandparents are getting ready to leave; I'm leaving for Dallas in a few hours, and my grandfather comes up to me and says "I know I'm close enough to you to say this-you really need need to watch your quantities of what you're eating" So I just smile and nod like yeah Papa, I know, I'm working on it..and pretend like I'm brushing it off, but really, those words and words of the like are burned into my mind for ever....In middle school, a boy in my Hebrew class called me fat and that was the first tim it really hit me...at camp, a boy who I liked called me pleasantly plump...clearly it wasn't that pleasant because he didn't like me back...I've always been the chubby girl, the heavier friend...whatever, it sucks, but to have your family like constantly nit pick at EVERY little thing wrong with you...please stop! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family, but this just did not help.


I know that I need to take better care of myself, but here is where I am right now: I've been living in Dallas for a little over a year and I have FINALLY found a group of friends to go out with; work is picking up, friends are fun, and life is just picking up...so obviously that means more going out, more drinking, less sleep, and a little more stress (as work still must get done...we're professionals here!)...So yes, I look fat...I am a little chubby, i ALWAYS am...I work out intensely at least 2 times a week (I know it's not enough), and I do really try to eat healthily and not drink TOO much, but sorry, I'm 23 years old...this is what I do...so instead of pointing out that I'm gaining weight or I look fat, tell me that I look happy, I seem happier and you're glad that things are coming together...that's how I'm trying to feel, but pointing out that I'm getting fat or how I'm still single doesn't help my outlook on life.

0 thoughts: