BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, October 10, 2011

17. To some, I come off as a bitch, but it's really because I have priorities that I can't sacrifice

Work and supporting myself are huge priorities of mine...so are my family, my friends, and myself. I love being social at work, and right now, I am lucky enough to work for a company that really loves the social spirit and encourages its employees to get to know one another on more than just a coworker level. This used to not be a huge problem for me as there were only two other coworkers that were my age, we were friends, but they work on the other side of the office. Recently, a whole bunch of people around my age have been hired in my department; we are now known as the frat party to the rest of the office. It's fun and funny; I love it. It's done wonders to my social life which is awesome, but it's also destroyed my productivity on some days. We usually all eat lunch together, at or outside of the office, but since my productivity has been suffering, I've had to sacrifice the lunchtime socialization to make my calls and get my work done. I don't mind doing it, but I feel like I sound so bitchy in my decision to stay and do work while they go out. Once I get myself back on track, I'll be fine, but the last thing I want to do right now is break these new friendships.


Then there's the oh let's go here, let's go there, let's do this, why can't you do this? Well, I can't just go everywhere on a whim because I have a responsibility to my job and to myself...I have bills to pay and things to do...I can't just go spend my money on everything and anything...I know what I can and can't do to keep living the life style that I want...I'm not trying to be a bitch when I say that I can't just randomly fly places in the middle of the week, I'm being real

0 thoughts: