happened today...we attended a conference for work that will segue us into our new roles as account managers...literally half the presentation (which was presented by the execs to all of the account managers and sales execs of this part of the company) was about how our new sales section is key to growing business and the success of our company...they had the 9 of us stand up (6 of us being in our 20's) so that we could be introduced to everyone else...and from then on, we got a less than warm reception from most people...some of them were excited that we'd be helping out, others just didn't understand why they got a bunch of kids to do their jobs...
So on one hand, we're like okay, we've all got college degrees, we aren't kids, and we are just as capable as you to be doing this job...and that's where I had my holy shit moment...as in...this IS my job...I am owning these accounts, I'm not just a customer service agent or someone to go through to get to someone else. This is real...on top of the other stuff that my group does...this is like...not a go nowhere, stay anonymous, no real ownership job...and that's just weird to think...that I started working with this company full time a little over a year ago, that I graduated a little before that..and now this...like, it's just now that I'm stopping and seeing all of this and it's completely crazy...awesome and a little scary, but crazy good.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
3. when it first hits you that something is really...or really happening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment