Yes..pretty much I do think it's stupid..IT, not people who do this..I Think it's a waste of money and a waste of time..I get that it's fun and a great time...I used to travel for bands, try to follow them around...but having a real life...at home..school, or jobs..pushing yourself to your future..that stuff is way more important..being broke and having to pay bills is no fun...hearing people who do this complain about being broke...or not having friends at home...its kind of laughable...i'm not talking shit..im JUST saying...no, you shouldn't not do things that make you happy, but sometimes an overload of this can keep other things from happening.
Im really glad i've moved away from this, and honestly I really think it was one of the best evolutions for me...I've seen that there are more important things in my life than going across the country for bands..yeah it'd be fun for a while but.yeah...that stuff actually made me grow away from people...and now I've become so much closer to friends that I'm more focused on things that are really important to me...I like my local concerts, i love music, but I don't love being broke and being stressed out because I spent too much money on things that although I wanted to do, life would have gone on without them...I just know where I want to be and what I want to be..and that involves sacrifices...doesn't mean i like bands any less or i'm any less of a fan...i just appreciate differently...i have a different plate
i like how i'm trying to be respectful. im going to change gears.,,sorry to offend
you look like you have no friends and no life at home...you spend all your money on traveling for people who barely if anything give a fuck about you and think you're kind of weird and annoying because of how pushy you are and how you are EVERYWHERE...what kind of REAL appreciation do they give you? do you go out for ice cream or coffee or dinner afterward with them? do they text you and tell you it was good seeing you? do they really do anything more than those few minutes of MG? yeah i'm focusing on that beucase you think that you're friends with them..yes you go and enjoy the shows, but erally you just want to twist ever MG experience with them to make it 100 times more great than it was, or be upset when you had too high expectations. Yes, you go wtih your friends, but could you actually just hang out with those friends with no concerts planned to go to? Could you spend a weekend with them just hanging out and talking about whatever and NOT just those band guys? Would you want to spend time like that? You call these people that you go to shows wtih your best friends, but would they drop you if you started to lose interest or couldn't go to as many shows or travel as much? PS, the bands don't care if you don't go to every single show...just fyi..and I've SEEN and HEARD bands make fun of certain fans that think they're particularly close with them and are not..or go to 10 shows in a row...yeah I think it's funny, but that's real life...it's not cool..and by the way, you do act like those girls you shit talk..sometimes yall act worse than they do...and don't think that skipping school or taking days off of work makes you look like you're trying hard to forward yourself...it doesn't show commitment to things..i dont' car eif you're in college, post college, or a parent...you still have responsibilities, and if you want to get somewhere, you still have to work at it...not drop everything every time your band goes somewhere your friends are...traveling..when you have the time, can afford it, that's fine..but affording isn't just money, it's time, it's also weighing in the other things in life...a couple of hours is fine, but a balance..is a really good thing
but obviously who am i to judge? i know how I deal with my obligations, responsibilities, and my life...that may not go for everyone, but life is all about balance..and when you seem completely imbalanced, it shows...just like when you're stressed, sick, or sick of it all.
and as far as things i said..not targeted at anyone, just what I've observed and experienced when I did travel...but whatever...and please don't think that when your band is in dallas that you can come stay with me because it's convenient...i can tell when i was the afterthought or the :oh heyyyy" genius idea
Sunday, October 17, 2010
yep
Posted by *ashley* at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment