I still can't believe that I got sick during my first week in Dallas...my first week of work...I had been coughing for a bit, but on Monday and Tuesday, it got to being ridiculous. My glands swelled up to the size of a small hamburger bun on Tuesday, and thanks to Jared, I found a doctor who was able to schedule me immediately. His initial prognosis was that it was either an upper respiratory infection, or mono. I found out the next day that it was not mono, thank goodness. I've been on antibiotic and mucinex ever since and I am so ready for it to get out of me. Other than that, I have just been organizing and setting up my apartment...I ordered this chest of drawers, turns out it has to be completely built...I got the drawers part done, but the actual...chest, I can't do-I'm hoping someone can come and help me out. It really pisses me off that I couldn't finish it, but I really do not understand the directions. Visually they make no sense and there are no words on it to instruct me. So far, I have tried two new recipes in my Sunday cooking...experiments. I decided that every Sunday, I will try a new recipe. I made adobo glazed mini turkey loaves last weekend and vegetable and chick pea ragout today. They both came out really really good. I love cooking, but not the cleaning up part.
So I had been wavering back and forth about going back to Houston this weekend. It is father's day, but father's day is also my birthday. I wanted to see if my friends could come here, but since it IS father's day, they most likely would be spending father's day in Houston with their dads. I just really did not want to go out to celebrate my birthday and then come back to...not my place. I want to be able to really celebrate my birthday though, which means going home and being with my friends (and family). As much as I don't want to be home...with all the drama and everything, I am going to Houston so that I can celebrate my birthday for real with my friends.
I don't really like my birthday-something always happens to ruin my plans or ruin the day; I was more inclined to stay in bed all day and maybe treat myself to a mani and pedi and maybe something else, but I do want to have fun and be with my friends, so I'm hoping the drama at home will be kept to a minimum so that the weekend will be overall good.
Here is todays Smash Shuffle!
I couldn't find previews of two songs, but also included are
My Inspiration-Mind the Gap
Blindfold-Days Difference
For all my music up for grabs, check out my mediafire, and here for today's Smash Shuffle.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
updates and smash shuffle
Posted by *ashley* at 8:44 PM
What's up life, smash shuffle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment