BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, June 10, 2010

my job just got a lot more meaningful

I have to admit, I was kind of hesitant about taking my job. Of course I love working there last year, but I was kind of nervous about coming back and seeing everyone again. I was worried about the social aspect of it (my coworkers are very social and I seem to annoy people very easily; I wasn't sure what kind of impression I had left when I was done last summer). I was also not able to see this as a job that could truly make me happy.


Through my training and really seeing more of what the company does. Seriously compared to the training I've had this year, last year barely scraped the surface. I work with customer service, but that's not to say I only deal with people who have questions or issues. We actually are the ones who take the orders. We have to be just as well versed in all of the products just as the sales reps who reach out to accounts and manage the accounts are.

I also found out that through this new thing that we are doing, I will begin to concentrate on Renal and Dialysis related products. This had a huge impact on me. My mom's mother; my bubie (that's grandmother in yiddish) was hospitalized my senior year of high school and ended up having a kidney disorder that was caused by her diabetes. She was supposed to go on dialysis, but did not end up taking the medication that was to prepare her for it. Seeing her situation now has shown me what could be avoided when people properly use the products and medications that I will be helping take orders for and setting up to ship out.

I love my bubie so much, but sometimes I get frustrated with her. She rarely takes her medication unless my mom reminds her or someone makes her, and she never really did any of her rehab or anything. I wish she did because she'd be in such better shape now, she'd be able to go places and be more alert (the dimentia really takes a toll on her). The medications that I sell can help keep a person who is struggling with a kidney disease or disorder alive and functioning; for them and their whole family and all of their friends. These medications can be life or death, and life preservers and if I can help someone have more experiences instead of being ill and bedridden, I will be happy. Everyone deserves that; my bubie does too-I wish she had realized that when she first got sick. I can now help give someone something that I could not have, and that means a lot to me. I know how painful seeing my grandmother is for me, and I hope that no one ever has to go through that.

In other random news, CSN Stores has asked me to do product reviews for them and possibly some giveaways on Go Get Smashed. They also have a store dedicated to awesome beds; check out these twin beds. So I will be tweeting on Smashley_Ashley about these giveaways mostly, but will post reminders on FadetoAshley so that yall don't miss out as well (though an entry will be to follow my public twitter haha). But I will let yall know when this starts, so hopefully there will be more than one giveaway and they will definitely be awesome!

0 thoughts: