BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, November 7, 2010

friendship?

A quick way to make a friend feel unappreciated is to basically tell them that they mean nothing to you. A friend of mine was so upset over drama last night that she wanted to drink herself to death. Though I was hanging out here with a friend of mine, I bbm'd and IM'd my other friend and tried to talk her out of this feeling, to get her to stop drinking and realize that this was not something worth taking her life over. This morning, she bbm'd me to tell me that she was still here and that everyone else got their way...I talked to her a little more and suggested therapy..in a nice way, not like bitch you're crazy, get therapy; more of that this was a crucial thing-she wanted to take her life over girl drama...at our age, that's not a feeling we should be getting..she didn't think it was crucial enough and was still super upset about it, basically told me to fuck off and we haven't spoken since...

why do I feel bad? no, I wasn't expecting a thank you or a you saved me from doing something really stupid, but that my friendship and caring about her and offering to drive 14 hours last night to be with hr and make sure she was okay was not enough...because she wasn't getting this treatment from the friends who had "wronged" her...I basically made no difference at all to her and my friendship seems to mean nothing...

I live and die by my friends and family-if one of them needs something, I'm there or I'll do as much as I can for them from where I am...I'll stay up hours on end texting, IMing or on the phone to talk and help as much as I can...but this just made me think that I was wasting my time..if Gd forbid I felt that bad, would she care that much about me and stay around to pull me out..or would she have given up the first time I challenged her the way she challenged me last night? Would she have said..I'm with a friend, can't talk now, or actually asked me what was wrong?

I don't particularly need stress transferred from other friends on to me, but if I can help lighten that stress load, then I'm here for them...but sometimes I'm not sure if she or who else of my friends really would do the same for me.

0 thoughts: