I am really have an issue with making myself stop multitasking and doing a million things. I don't feel right unless I am in the go, or have things to do...Even when I'm at work, between the calls, I try to go through my to do lost, or get blog posts ready to post..I just can't be doing nothing...I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing..All I know is that I get bored very easily and then I get depressed or frustrated.
Lately, I've just been working on getting my life back together. I am semi adjusted to being here, nothing is going wrong, but I am still trying to find myself in a new city and new surroundings-I have a feeling this is going to take a long time. I've been working, with the major help of L, on decorating my apartment. Last weekend we put together an entertainment shelving center thing for my living room. I think that it looks MUCH better than the little tv stand that I had bought and put together from Target. I'll have to craigslist that soon and get it out of here. I still need lighting and decor, but this really pulled the room together a lot more than I thought it would. I kind of love it a lot :)
I signed up for some young adult/young jewish professional type newsletters through the jewish federation here in Dallas...soon, I'll have the courage to actually go to one of these events. After the High Holy Days, I will probably join a synagogue, which will also help with all of this. I just want to go to the synagogue first and see what it's like before I become a member there.
I need to do a closet purge..i have so much clothing that either does not fit, or i bought and never ended up wearing-definitely reselling or donating that stuff...at least then i won't feel bad about going shopping for new clothes, which i do need considering what i do and don't wear of what i have.
Actually got a lot of cleaning done tonight-really trying to get this place organized...i worked out after work today and i find that I feel a lot better and happier when i work out, and i also for some reason don't get as hungry as i do when i don't work out...that's kind of weird, but whatever, i'm just glad I got myself to the gym.
Last night, I went to dinner with the guy I took to my prom. We are oldish friends, we met when we were on our Israel program summer' '05 and got really close. We kind of lost touch through college (which i think is bullshit considering our schools were legit an hour away from eachother), but now he's in dallas for a bit on business. Dinner was great-it was really really nice to see him and catch up..i missed his friendship and i'm really hoping that we can get back to being close again...plus he got really handsome, i was like..oh.my.gd wtf
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
just stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment