"I'm not sorry for all my imperfections"
This is not an apology; these imperfections are all parts of me that make me me. To my friends, family, lovers, aquaintances, those who know more than just surface me. I'm not apologizing-i am not saying sorry; I am laying it on the line.
I am NOT SORRY for
doing things my own way-just because you don't like what I do, or it doesn't work with what you want me to do...well that's how I want to do it
not doing exactly what you want me to do-I am not you and if you can't accept that I won't do things just because you do them or you think it's a good idea to do it this way...well, that's your issue
growing in and out of things-I'm still the same person I have always been, but my interest in things may change..it doesn't mean that I can't be a good friend to you or anyone else, it just means that our friendship can get deeper because we can find more to talk about.
being a little self centered at times-i know that it's not always about me, but it's not always about you either-friendship is a balance...just because the conversation isn't always about you doesn't mean i don't care...maybe it feels like you don't care about me...
complaining, being frustrated, etc-life isn't easy-we vent..i vent, you vent..if you don't care to listen to my venting, why should i feel like i need to listen to yours
not being a pushover-if that is all that you are looking for in a friend..a pushover, someone to use..you've tried to befriend the wrong person..maybe I used to be like that, but i'm not weak anymore. you can't make me into someone that i'm not and you can't do things to make me feel like I'm not good enough-that's not fair-look at yourself and recalculate what you're doing and see if what you're doing are the actions of a REAL friend
doing things on my own timeline-let me do what i need to do to get where i need to be; just because it doesn't work with your expectations doesn't mean that it's wrong
being happy for myself-when I accomplish something, get recognized for something, or have the chance to do something, it makes me happy. if you really cared about me, you'd be happy for me, not jealous and not angry that it was me and not you. when things happen for you, I'm happy for you, so why can't you be happy for me
just doing what I want to do and need to do-I don't make things a competition, I don't try to make people jealous or angry. I do things because I want to, need to, or feel that it's right for the time being. Is it so difficult to understand that I might be prioritizing my own feelings first and actually not thinking about how others will react to what I do. This is my life; I don't live for you, so why would my decisions that concern me be based more on someone else than myself?
for wanting to branch out, try new things, and meet new people-I DO NOT REPLACE MY FRIENDS WITH OTHER FRIENDS...the end...I need to do things that make me happy...I want to keep everyone in my life, but if you can't accept what I do...well that might mean that we aren't as good as friends as we thought we were-and it is possible to accept and respect without liking or taking part in
I'M NOT SORRY FOR BEING ME AND EVERYTHING THAT IS ME. LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM; I DO THE SAME FOR YOU-JUST BE MY FRIEND/FAMILY, ETC AND BE THERE FOR ME. THAT'S WHAT FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE IS.
I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE
Sunday, September 19, 2010
NOT SORRY
Posted by *ashley* at 12:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 thoughts:
If anyone ever wants an apology for any of this, they aren't much of a friend. xoxo ♥
You shouldn't have to apologize for any of that to any one, no matter who they are! Lovee you :]
Post a Comment