BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, April 7, 2008

this is my journey to self acceptance and self approval and ultimately self appreciation
three things that i have struggled with for a good part of my life

my personal ways to overcome my self issues are as follows:

  • balls to the walls self esteem gain, meaning not drinking when going to social events...this means that I have to be self confident and not need to use alcohol to make myself feel good
  • working out to feel accomplished, not just to say that i did it, as well as taking up recreational sports again
  • getting more involved in things that are fun and mean a lot to me
  • no more self bashing
  • surrounding myself with people who actually care about me, and who i care about
  • not letting things get me so worked up
  • keeping up with all my responsibilities and commitments so that I don't feel suffocated by everything
  • find at least one good thing that happened to me every day
  • appreciate things that might seem normal
  • rid myself of things that i don't need; clean out old things so that I don't feel cluttered
  • work on not getting worked up about every little thing

my goals for the rest of 2008 are

  • lose 20 lbs and maintain that
  • gain the self esteem that people insist i should have
  • raise my GPA
  • stop being jealous of things that I don't have or that I am not
  • stop comparing myself to everyone

1 thoughts:

mcpont said...

I need to do some of those things myself. I'll be there for you when you need me!