
This was in Israel, right after we got to Jerusalem, i remember being dead tired, but getting shivers when i realized where we were. Such an awesome city,
4/6/09
Day 85-88
The Amalfi/Sorrento coast was beautiful! Our trip was not like we expected, but it was still so much fun. It was a bit difficult since we organized it ourselves and did not realize how difficult it was going to be to get to all the places that we wanted to go. On Friday, we had an early early train and got into Sorrento around noon. We tried to go places, but it was difficult, so we explored Sorrento.
Saturday, we took a boat ride down the coast, around Capri, and then spent a couple hours in Capri. It was gorgeous and the weather was amazing. I got a lot of sun, and ended up looking like a candy cane. Legit, I had a huuuge sunglasses tan. It was not okay, but very very funny; I rocked it. That night, we went into Sorrento proper and ate dinner at a great restaurant there. We went out afterwards and had such a fun time. I got another marriage proposal, but this time he said he would convert for me. He also told me that I looked Italian. That’s how we got into that subject.
Sunday was full of rushing. We wanted to be able to spend a lot of time in Positano, but with the way the busses ran, we only got an hour there. It was gorgeous, but we definitely did not get to be relaxed and absorb it, which kind of sucked. We got back to Florence later that night. It was a really good weekend, though I wish we had been able to have time to do everything that we wanted to do.
Our Italian teacher was finally back today. She looks well and seems to be feeling much better. We got our midterms back. I did very well and am very very happy with the grades. We had to write a composition for homework using the imperfect tense (when I was 8 years old…) and describe things from back then. Sorry Lauren, you weren’t in my essay. I’m really proud of what I wrote. I wrote more than we had to and I think that I wrote it very well, and that it was intelligible in Italian.
Also, as you can see, I am safe and fine. The earthquake did not affect anything in Tuscany. It mostly affected Abruzzo, which is south of here, and Rome, which is also south of here. I didn’t feel any tremors either.
I went for a run today, but my legs are seriously going to kill me. I truly think that they would walk away from me if they could. Between running all last week, walking all weekend, and running today, I am in so much pain.
Other things: I am totally excited for Hershey and Bamboozle. May 1-3 is going to rock so hard!!!
Monday, April 6, 2009
life in pictures and italy
Posted by *ashley* at 11:32 AM
What's up Italy spring 2009, life in pictures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 thoughts:
Post a Comment