BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, May 20, 2010

graduation and such

Wow..these past three weeks have legitimately been a whirlwind...April ended with the most frustrating "worst" 2 weeks of my life where everything that could go wrong..basically did. My car was having problems, my phone really began to malfunction, my body ached, my computer crashed and lost a 20 page paper (which was a group project)...my other group got mad at me for reasons that could have been avoided, and I bombed a final exam. There was more, but I can't even think of them right now and this paragraph has been WAY too negative in the first place. Ugh I felt awful, but thanks to my friends, I got through it..somehow...geeze, I am just glad that that is over. That is one of the biggest rough patches I've ever encountered. Legitimately at least one thing was going wrong every single day that I let ruin everything. I did try to stay positive, but it was such a damn downer, so again, my friends...I owe it all.


After that, graduation just avalanched upon us...my last week at Syracuse came and went so fast; I hate that! I had my whole room packed so quickly. My sister came in first, so I put her to work helping me with little things...Friday night, we had dinner with Amy and her family. Her dad is dating a woman that my dad had a crush on in high school; they hadn't seen each other in over 25 years until Amy and I put this together for them (we had known this for a while). It was really cute to see them talk and all. Went out all three nights that weekend to hang out with my friends; I miss them so much, but we really had so much fun these past four years. What sucks is that I made a couple of really awesome friends legit 2 weeks before graduation; ugh soo frustrating!!

So I actually had two graduations...one was for the business school,and one was for the whole university. Whitman's was a lot shorter, and during that one I kind of got the feeling...the one where you're like holy shit, this is real?! Probably because we actually walked across the stage for that one. The actual Syracuse graduation was kind of annoyingly long. We ended up sitting in front of a whole row of frat boys who would just not shut up; ever, and they were saying just...yeah..not cool...plus I was hung over so that didn't help. Towards the end-when all the degrees were being conferred, a bunch of beach balls and a blow up doll started being played with, but it wasn't a kosher time yet, so they kept being taken away. The guys behind us kept standing up and cheering for random people who were receiving their doctorates, masters, and etc. It felt so weird to be done, but great at the same time. This is definitely the biggest accomplishment of my life, and one that I am most proud of.

We spent the rest of the day packing my car, saying goodbyes and hanging out. We went to dinner later and then I hung out with my friends. Dad and I drove 26 hours back home starting at 6, Monday morning and finally made it back to Houston by 9:30 pm Tuesday night. It was a great drive, and the weekend was just really nice. The only annoyance was my youngest sister being a huge brat, but I guess that's what we're used to by now. My family got along really well-no issues between my parents, my grandparents behaved...it was really nice, and I'm so grateful and appreciative for it. I don't think I could have handled any of that this weekend-it would have sent me swirling into a panic attack.

On the way home, dad and I stopped to have lunch with his aunt and uncle, Helen and Leo. Leo was the one who was in the hospital earlier this year for heart problems. They looked and sounded so good. We ordered in pizza and had a great time catching up and talking with them. It was just so great to be with them and hang out and spend time with them.

So now I've been home for a few days...and it's still weird and I still feel like I'm going back to Syracuse in August. That is going to hit me hard when it does.


















0 thoughts: